We’re joining the The National Association of Social Workers
Social Work Advocacy Day (SWAD) at the Capitol on March 7th 2019 in Austin
If you’re a social worker in Austin who is passionate about international child protection, we'd love to meet you! We thought this would be a fun way to connect and join our fellow social workers to learn how we can advocate together in Texas.
Here’s the basic agenda for that day.
- 8 am – Arrive and check-in at the Legislative Conference Center
- 9 am – Remarks by key Legislators to kick off the day
- 9:15 – Advocacy 101: How to make an effective Legislative Visit
- 10:15 am – Panel Presentation from Social Workers in the Capitol
- 11 am – Immigration Teach-In
- 12 pm – Lunch together to talk about your experience and future GCA opportunities.
Email us at email@example.com to join us for the day’s action.